The Village of Saint-Antoine, New Brunswick numbers some 1733 inhabitants, of which 84 % are French-speaking. The municipality is located 34 km north of Moncton, which explains why it is a favored location for people seeking a peaceful life while remaining close to the big city.
Saint-Antoine was founded in 1832 and at the time was named Higho or Higho de Cocagne. In 1873, the parish was given the name Saint-Antoine-l'Ermite. The municipality was incorporated as the Village of Saint-Antoine in 1966.